Friday 2 January 2009

Scenester Scene #2

Now that you're read an ruminated on my previous posting on the scenester scene in the UK's capital city, London, I thought I'd post a follow-up. So I've added Fortuna Pop, Spiral Scratch and Indietracks to my spreadsheet of what bands have played what London clubnights (in addition to Lost Music and Twee As Fuck).

No bands have played all five, but bands that have played four are:-
  • Horowitz
  • Pocketbooks
  • Shragg
  • The Cut Outs
  • The Manhattan Love Suicides
  • The Pains of being pure at heart
We can take these bands as being the most well-connected in the Londonish indie scene, well from my perspective anyway, for what its worth.

Bands that have played three are:-
  • A Smile and A Ribbon
  • Bearsuit
  • Liestenstein
  • Mexican Kids At Home
  • Mono Taxi
  • Pete Green
  • Slow Down Tallahassee
  • St Christopher
  • Stars of Aviation
  • Still Corners
  • Strange Idols
  • Strawberry Story
  • The Bobby McGees
  • The Hermit Crabs
  • The Just Joans
  • The Loves
  • The Mai 68s
  • The School
There's around 40 bands who've played two club nights and 140 who've only played one of the clubs on the scene.

Whilst it is possible to do a 2-dimensional five set Venn diagram, it would look horrendous. 4-sets is bad enough
Scenester scene #2
Not sure which clubs to parse next, Guided Missile, White Heat and Goon Nite perhaps. Have I forgotten anyone?

1 comment:

  1. Aw man, your blogposts on twitter PR networks have given me some ideas on ways to expand my mapping of the music scene.

    ReplyDelete