Wednesday 3 December 2008

Video hits

So to line my pockets until I get a new job I was hoping to make money out of online videos. If you sling stuff on metacafe, like that two handed origami video, you can get $5 for every 1,000 views over 20,000. So 30,000 will get you $50.

Also, I thought the origami video would make me, but here's a graph of the traffic for the past few days since I slung it online:-

metacafe

As you can see for the first day or two it seems like 20,000 hits would be easy, it would only take a week or so, but traffic's kind of died off now, and I'll be lucky to make 5,000 hits this year.

Admittedly the video did the rounds via BoingBoing on Youtube a few months back, but there are millions of internet folk who don't read BoingBoing.

I'm going to have to come up with something better and more sticky.

No comments:

Post a Comment