Thursday 26 February 2009

Money Saving Idea #1 Grow your own garlic week 3


Garlic 26-FEB-2009
Originally uploaded by manc_ill_kid
Its Thursday, so its time for another gardening update.

This is the wee chap on my windowsill, I shall call him Darren, he is my imaginary son. He's garlic, but I still love him.

The way he pokes his wee leaf out, its so cute.

I've decided to grow him a family of other plants so he doesn't get lonely, you know, to give him people to play with.

IMG_6437
This is the sweet peppers I'm growing from seed. I made these stuffed peppers yesterday and wondered what would happen if I planted a load of the seeds in one pot. I hope they take.

IMG_6438
This is Sharon, she's also garlic, Darren's sister I guess, she's not as grown up as Darren. I hope she takes as well as her brother has.

IMG_6439
These are the twins, they're the same age as Sharon. They don't have names yet. I'm growing them on the other side of the yard, I dunno how much sunshine they'll get there, but other plants seem to grow, so they should be okay.

IMG_6440
This is my potato trough. There are two potatos buried in there, Neil and Andy, I've named them after my old scout leaders. They've been growing for about two weeks now. I wasn't sure if they'd take or not cos I just planted them cos they were growing rooty bits in the fridge. To check, I dug up Neil.
IMG_6441
He seems like a happy potato.

No comments:

Post a Comment