Tuesday 18 November 2008

1MMP Project pt1

I woke up still seething about last night, trying to verbalise my angst and frustrations, but also trying to balance, and if only I can distract myself with creative stuff until I've calmed down then I'll be able to break the cycle of fucking up my social with verbal expressions of rage. (see here and here and read the comments too)

Anyhoo, on with the 1 Month Mobile Phone Project.

My current mobile phone, I reckon if I tried hard, could have a phonecall that lasts one hour. Its battery measures approximately 5 x 30 x 40 mm, its a wee thing. So in terms of volume to call length, 6000mm^3 for that is its volume, equals 1 hour of talk time.

For the 1MMP Project I want a whole month of talk time, which is 744 hours. So by spinning it out and then figuring out sizes, my battery pack needs to be 15 x 15 x 20 cm approximately.

That's actually smaller than a car battery. This should be easy.

I'm not sure hour much that would weigh, I have no appropriate scales in my bedroom here. But that will be the next task, figuring out the weight.

And 18 months down the line, by the power of Moore's Law, it'll be half the size anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment