Thursday 22 November 2007

Work/Play

Very busy and stressful at work, I'm having to force myself into being a manager rather than a hands on engineer. Round peg square hole type problem. I'll get there eventually, I just need to be able to switch from overall big picture to fine detail work quickly, and get someone to help out the turntable guy.

So last night I went along to The Windmill in Brixton for Lostie's Sequins gig. They were pants, but My Sad Captains were yet again London's answer to The Great Money Trick and The Laural Collective who were also playing were fabulous. I'd taken Axelle along with me, its been weeks since we last saw each other. Getting home from Brixton is still a pain in the middle of the night, especially with the underground closing so early.

No review or photies for Last Night From Glasgow Indie Eyespy, my photies are crap, and being the first online the next day doesn't contribute to the betterment of the human race. No scrawled review as my interpretation of the gig is miles out from everyone else, and its awkward.

I saw The Loves the other week, I've been writing and raving about them for eight years now, I've travelled hundreds of miles countless times to see them, but the other week, they were pants, the sound was crap, the execution was pedestrian, the crowd were disinterested, the crowd felt awkward and adversarial unto themselves. Alternatively the consensus on the thread over on Anorak was the complete opposite, it seems I was wrong.

So people reading LNFGIES would get a completely unrepresentative view of the show, the band and the crowd and random readers. Even if I'm honest and just write what I see, its wrong and unjust to the bands on stage and the promoters promoting..

And right now, I don't quite have the backbone to do it in the face of adversity. I don't have the self-belief to write as I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment