Wednesday 10 March 2010

The political compass swarm

I did the Political Compass test again and scored thusly:-
Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: 1.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41


I've drifted towards the centre a bit since last time, but I'm still in the right quadrant, which is reassuring.

Anyhoo, seeing as I love graphs and data and stuff, I thought I'd venture out onto the internet and see how my position compares to other people. I've scraped data from Twitter, the blogsphere and a few forums, to generate this graph of the swarm.

Being the internet, the swarms in the Libertarian side of the authoritarian/libertarian spectrum and it all tilts a bit towards the left wing I'm not sure why that is. The wee blue star represents the average point of the swarm.

Compared to where the main UK political parties stand, the swarm is really under-represented, with only the dreaded Greens within the swarmspace.

1 comment:

  1. surprisingly, I came out where the star is on your diagram

    ReplyDelete