Wednesday 29 July 2009

My videos from Indietracks

Aye, so the music festival highlight of my year is Indietracks, its like a load of DIY / indiepop bands playing a a Midlands railway museum. I may have few other dreams and ambitions, but going to Indietracks is pretty much my biggest concern.



I like videoing bands when I'm there, I pride myself on using a three year old cheap digital camera and free software to edit the video. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling to have videos online quickly and adequately, before people with more professional kit, and get higher viewing figures too. I have no formal training in film-making, but I harbour a suspicion that the experience I have in doing this sort of thing, is worth far more than spending thousands learning it at a college or uni.

For this year's Indietracks I have made and uploaded several videos, depending on how much time you have on your hands for watching music festival video clips.
The viewing figures for my videos from last year's Indietracks are as follows:-
I kind of assumed that the shorter videos would be more popular, but nope, people who watch these videos like watching the longer ones.

I'm not sure how the copyright stands on recording bands playing live, if any bands have any issues with it, I'll remove all trace of their existance from my videos and any of my websites, no great loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment