I like videoing bands when I'm there, I pride myself on using a three year old cheap digital camera and free software to edit the video. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling to have videos online quickly and adequately, before people with more professional kit, and get higher viewing figures too. I have no formal training in film-making, but I harbour a suspicion that the experience I have in doing this sort of thing, is worth far more than spending thousands learning it at a college or uni.
For this year's Indietracks I have made and uploaded several videos, depending on how much time you have on your hands for watching music festival video clips.
- 1.5 minute whizz through
- 3 minute whizz through
- 7.5 minute summary
- Full length part 1 (10 minutes)
- Full length part 2 (8 minutes)
- The Smittens performing What Do We Do Now
- Indietracks 2008 in 1.5 minutes - 497 views
- Indietracks 2008 in 3 minutes - 775 views
- Indietracks 2008 in 7 minutes - 1,021 views
I'm not sure how the copyright stands on recording bands playing live, if any bands have any issues with it, I'll remove all trace of their existance from my videos and any of my websites, no great loss.