Here's an updated list of the top twenty folk with the most gigs, I'm holding on at number 8.
|Rank||Name||Total gigs||Total bands|
So the 400 Gig Club has 5 members, the 300 Gig Club has 8 members, and the 200 Gig Club has 12 folk in it. There's probably hundreds of folk in the 100 Gig Club and thousands with less than a hundred shows under their collective belts. All this is based on guess-work and having spent a little too long surfing round the SongKick site.
It took me a while to get past Gloomboy, but thanks to a bit of detective work chasing up gigs from five years back, I think I did it. I've got my sights set on Mahoney next, but it looks like he bags gigs a lot more frequently than me, this could be difficult.
Right now I'm catching one show a week, in the days before Indietracks that cranks up a wee bit, but its still going to be months before I'm on Mahoney's coat tales, this is going to be a long game.
Unless of course I can find the dates to half-remembered gigs from the past...
- Superstar - The Attic, Edinburgh
- Pumpkin Nuts - Fat Boabs, Glasgow
- Pumpkin Nuts - The Arena, Glasgow
- Hate brigade - The Box, Glasgow
- The AMs - The Box, Glasgow
- Bloodhound Gang - Garage, Glasgow
- Kasino/quiz - 13th Note, Glasgow
- Plimptons - rasmd, Glasgow
- Poppadoms - 13th note, Glasgow (same night as previous)
- The Plimptons - Tchai Ovna Southside
- Akira, The Chicks - Nice n Sleazy, Glasgow
- St. Jude's Infirmary - The Winchester Club, The Woodside Social Club, Glasgow
- Bricolage - The Winchester Club, The Woodside Social Club, Glasgow
- No Way Sis - Hull University, Hull
- Hector Collectors, The Smiths - Manchester
- Arrested Development - King Tuts, Glasgow
- The Soul Destroyers - The Arches, Glasgow
- Sharon Jones and The Dap Kings - The Arches, Glasgow
- Lee Fields - The Arches, Glasgow
- The Gents - King Tuts, Glasgow
- The Tough Alliance - Classic Grand, Glasgow
- ... And you will know by the trail of dead - King Tuts, Glasgow
- some bands - The Gig, Los Angeles
same night as London Popfest - Last Days of Decadance, London
- some rockabilly bands near midsummer's day - Debaser, Sweden, 2005
Any help warmly appreciated.