Friday 5 September 2008

Insom

Hellish insomnia and anxiety last night.

Headed out to the Pete Green record launch, but wasn't really in the mood, managed to make eye-contact and half a smile to folk who I really should have chatted to and embraced.

On the way out I was accosted by a chap off of the internet who's recollection of me was better than mine of his. We chatted briefly about animation and video software but I fear my amateur knowledge if the subject let him down some, recommending Adobe Premiere over After Effects or Final Cut. Premiere Elements should do the job, but there's bound to be a half decent open source video package out there, if not a decent one.

Anyhoo, I was still awake at 2am, so I started a new policy of trying to switch of thinking about work, spreadsheets, databases, components and spider diagrams, by chatting to anyone who was online on Facebook.

It briefly worked, but I did feel a little like a spammer for my troubles.

I need to be able to switch off from work better, I need something to beat me with a stick to stop doing things, to just chill out in front of the TV and not care when folk walk in and don't stop squawking whilst I'm trying to watch something.

No comments:

Post a Comment