Sunday 5 August 2007

The Lido

Some kind of biker gathering at the cafe I'd ear-marked to be my new Sunday 13th Note Sunday Telegraph and cappucino place.
mini-IMG_2170
Displays of people doing wheelies on their bikes, short but buxom models who look like Lucy Porter being photographed next to bikes, and people burning rubber.
mini-IMG_2165
For 2 London Comedy points, I think I saw the chap who played Tyres in Spaced. Shorter hair mind.

Back in Regents Park. It ain't the Note. Am I missing Get Off My Pavement this weekend?

The nonogram was a bit difficult and the weather was as I have come to expect. I headed along to Camden via the canal, its nice. Had one of those wee chinese meal things, sweet and sour chicken, hard to tell where the batter ended and the chicken began.

Received word from Fiona and a location. I only know of Hampstead Heath through gay political scandals, but it was rather nice. Some outdoor swimming pool called The Lido, young people in swimming costumes, warm water and Fiona + boyf.

It'd been three or four years since I last saw her and she was in fie form. We talked shop, we talked London, people and property prices. I went for a swim in my trusty Dog Town shorts (last swam in in Stockholm '05). We wandered through the heath and had diner in a 'gastro-pub'.

They even walked me to an underground station to get home.

Ah, friends in London, crisis of loneliness averted.

Also, plans changed so I'll be heading to Glasgow on Wednesday, to see people, and return to London on Saturday in time to catch a friend for drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment