Friday 3 August 2007

I am Canal People

The sun shines brightly here, truly this is the crotch of the gods.
IMG_2138
In the morning I was in Hyde Park, surrounded by fountains, to my right was a long lake, the way its shaped like a snake, I shall call it Loch Snakeish.

I was going to get my car serviced today, but that can wait, for today is a day for doing the work of ants, gazing at cute tourists's legs.

Just saw Shaun of the Dead's mum, Coul be two London Comedy bonus points. Simon Pegg and Ricky Gervais are worth four points, but supporting characters only half that. I was going to text Jax about it but wasn't sure how to spell Sean.

Time passes, the sun is still blistering, blobs of tar bubble through the pavement. I'm in The Elgin in Ladbrooke Grove with a cool pint of Carlsberg, wondering if the old Rough Trade shop has closed down and will they have directions to the new shop.

Loneliness strikes me despite text messages rom Nat, she's so far away. There's that invisible force stopping me from texting any of my Londonish friends. I'll feel more comfortable getting them on Facebook first.

Shed 7 on the pub stereo, if I could each back to 1995...

Walked home for two hours down the Grand Union Canal, collecting raspberrys on the way. I am canal people.
mini-IMG_2148

1 comment:

  1. you're thinking of Penelope Wilton - 'er off'a Ever Decreasing Circles!

    Glad to hear all going well = enjoy the Southern sunshine :)

    ReplyDelete