I'm crap at telling the barber how to cut my hair, always have been, and so I talked myself into having it shaved number two all over. This'll be like the third time in my life I've sported such a hair cut. The first time was in 1995 when I was trying to join the army and then in 1997 when I got cute Genny from my course at uni to cut it.
Every time I underestimate how cold it is without a thick heid of hair.
Anyhoo, London Blogger's meetup the other night, down at Doggett's Coat and Badge, just over the water from Blackfriars. This month sponsored by Paramount Home Entertainment, those lovely people who bring us films such as Indiana Jones, Star Trek and Transformers.
They had raffle prizes of a Transformers skateboard, all of this season's Paramount Home Entertainment releases on DVD and a 32" telly, alas I won none.
Also there was a rather fun talk from Marko Saric about 58 ways to promote your blog, my favourite was (21) "Stop Planning, start blogging". Here's one of Peter Marshall's photos from the evening of me enjoying the talk.
So, as usual with my write-ups of this sort of event, here's a list people I spoke to, with links
- TomTiredOfLondon - From TiredOfLifeTireOfLondon its a blog about things to do in London
- Nina - Who writes Mapapay Dhow Trips
- Aref-Adib - Has a wonderful visual online diary of arty thing in London and lookalikes
- Cristiano Betta - On Tech and Life
- Mikal D - Aref-Adib, Cristiano and Mikal were chatting about Google Wave, I still have no idea about what it does, how useful it is or how to use it, can it send traffic to my websites?
- Hayley - The drummer from Witness to the Beard
- Andy Bargery - The Marketing Blagger and organiser of these meetups, some kind of benevolent dictator for life perhaps
- Marko - From HowToMakeMyBlog.com its a blog about how to blog
- Zubyre Parvez - From 'Freedom for China' which collects music and artworks from around the world all expressing a need for China to be free from the Chinese Communist Party's oppressive rule.
- John C - I think this the right link, he was called John according to his badge. We didn't chat for long, in fact, "hi" was pretty much the extent of our discourse. He's from YourBlogTools.com
- Godwyns - who writes poems at EroticFantasies
- Harry Wood - From OpenStreetMap its the Wikipedia of Maps
- Selena - She's into social media and meetups
- Pete - TheLondoneer
- Antony - Fresh Plastic
- Tom Flashboy - Haven't spoken to him in ages, and I was on my way out when I spotted him
- Kate- who was talking to Tom
- Sheryl - Sartorial Pervert
- Andy Roberts - From DistributedResearch
- Pete Marshall - My London Diary, neat photography from around the capital
- Bruce Bird - the niche market blogger, proving that you can make money from blogging
- Miss Geeky
- Tiki Chris
- Al Robertson - Have seen him around at these meetups for months/years, but never really chatted to him, at this meetup he overheard me talking to FlashTom about naked chicks and indiebands which is the essense of every conversation I've ever had at meetups.
- Caroline - From Caroline'sMiscellany
- Rachel Clark
There's still some way to go.
Other blog posts about this meetup that you might be interested to read:-