Wednesday 8 October 2008

Rolling my noodles

Saw this video on Boing Boing the other day.


And, as is my tendency in life, I thought "I could do that". The internet provided a simple recipe for egg noodles, 310g flour, two eggs, pinch of salt, 120ml milk and 15g of butter.

The dough was fun to play with and kneed and stuff, but I think I rolled it too thick, when I cooked it it was a little bland. And no way could I get it to go as think as the chap in the video, it all stuck to my hands or broke apart.

There is loads of dough left over so I think tonight I'll try to make ravioli with it. I need to cook the mince first, right?

And whilst its kind of cool to make these things, and to make them with my own hand, I find my life to be deeply unsatisfying. I'm pretty sure its the lack of female companionship what does it.

And the wee frustration of knowing that the girl I long for is just as lonely as me, which leads me to think that she wants anyone but me. So I try to move on, but with the wee nagging feeling that I've lost something, and weeks later the situation is the same.

Keep moving on, aye?

No comments:

Post a Comment