Its all functional. It even has a background color!! I know!
Its still a work in progress, so don't get your hopes too high. At the moment it consists of two sections, the skill directory and the checkbox page.
The former is a crappy encyclopedia of skills, crafts and hobbies which are all linked together with tags, you can start navigating around from this page. If you click on Graphic arts, it'll take you to a brief description of the category and a list of the various types of Graphic arts, then if you click on one of those you'll get a more indepth description and a list of other associated tags.
The checkbox page is a list of all the skills in the database, you can check of the ones that you can do, then when you click the button at the bottom of the page, it logs all your selections with a random ID and counts them and presents this as your score.
There's still a long way to go, but it works, and I'm so proud, feel free to play around, its pretty robust.
Please don't tell other people about it yet.
Here's a list of features and pages I need to add:-
statcounter code in the page footers sort out header and footer in all pages
- a home/index page with statistics (
most popular, least popular, untried skills, average score, median score)
- an about page with me rambling
- descriptions for all the the skills
- statistics about your score
- better ordering of skills on checklist page so its more intuitive
- most popular skills on taginfo page
my own photos for skills
- auto re-size photos
- discipline page which calculates which tag are subdisciplines
- scoring system based on popularity of skills
- your score for each discipline
page to add new skills and tags
- page to delete skills from all tables
- page to delete photos
- page of database errors like skills without descriptions, tags without skills, etc.
- logos and stuff
- amazon affiliate links to instruction books for each skill
- links to tutorial websites for each skill
- recommendation engine.